Enrollment Process and Requirements
- Most Freedom students have attempted earning high school credits in a comprehensive high school prior to enrolling at Freedom High
Steps To Enroll
1.Student and parent/guardian attend an orientation with the Administrator and Counselor to:
- Understand the Freedom High School rules, policies and our unique educational system.
- Determine if Freedom High School and the student are a good fit.
2. The student and parent/guardian then meet the student’s Teacher-Advisor to:
- Get to know each other
- Develop a Graduation Plan
- Students coming from outside APS should bring a current transcript when they come in to register.
- A counselor referral is requested but not required.
- Current APS students should also bring a transcript (and a copy of their IEP, if they receive Special Education services)
- An interview involving the student, parents/guardian and the principal and counselor will be scheduled prior to a student being enrolled at Freedom.
- Interview times are scheduled throughout the summer, as well as, the school year.
- We encourage you to enroll as soon as possible, as when we reach our maximum number of students, we will start a waiting list.
- In the likely event that there is a waiting list, students will be expected to call the school daily to remain on the list and express their continued interest in the program.
Call (505) 884-6012 to begin the enrollment process
When preparing to register, please review course offerings in the Course Catalog: